Smithsonian joins U. to log tribal languages (fwd)

phil cash cash pasxapu at DAKOTACOM.NET
Mon Jan 17 19:21:31 UTC 2005

Deseret Morning News, Monday, January 17, 2005
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,600105377,00.html

Smithsonian joins U. to log tribal languages

By Stephen Speckman
Deseret Morning News

Out of 175 American Indian languages, only about 20 are being taught to
children as generations of Indians die off and leave little or no
evidence of their languages or cultures.