OHAI Creates Cherokee Software (fwd)

Jan Tucker jtucker at starband.net
Mon Nov 14 13:06:09 UTC 2005

Phil, this is exciting, I emailed them to see if they will let me try out oCherokee software. The font is available at Chorokee.org,  and I was able to use it on the experimental site I've been working on for some time now. I'm at the stage of just storing lessons, and experimenting with the free version of hotpotatoes to make flash cards and quizzes to go along with the lessons. When I get some time I'll be putting everything together and create lessons with sound bites from Cherokee I. Then will set up classes and invite others test and give feedback. I'm geting the mp3 audio files of the lessons to add. It would be wonderful to collaborate with a Cherokee language instructor. I plan to offer this freely to interested students when it's set up since the actual live course fills up quickly.

Jan Tucker