2nd Annual Sahaptian Conference - February 24-26, 2006

Fri Nov 18 00:28:40 UTC 2005

NILI and Heritage University are excited to be hosting the 2nd Annual
Sahaptian Conference on February 24-26, in Toppenish WA.  We had an
amazing turnout last year, and it was a wonderful event of sharing and
reunion.  This year we invite teachers and learners of all Sahaptin and
Nez Perce dialects to join us for workshops, discussions, and
presentations focusing on:

1) language curriculum development and sharing,
2) how to promote community and tribal government interest in your
language program,
3) other issues, possibly related to the master/apprentice approach to
language learning.

More details will follow as we work them out.  Please register by
sending your name, organization (and/or language you're working with),
and complete contact info to <nwili at uoregon.edu> or the address below.
And please pass this message on to those you think would be
interested...

See you in February,

Jesse Blackburn Morrow
Assistant to the Director