Request for assistance: Profile of HL programs in the USA (fwd msg)

Thu Oct 13 06:29:02 UTC 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Request for assistance: Profile of HL programs in the USA
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:24:34 -0400
From: "Scott G. McGINNIS" <smcginni at umd.edu>
To: heritage-list at Majordomo.umd.edu

Heritage Language Programs Need You!

The Alliance for the Advancement of Heritage Languages and
the Center for Applied Linguistics (www.cal.org/heritage)
are currently collecting profiles on heritage language
programs in the United States. This online collection of
profiles will allow heritage language programs in community-
based, K?12, and university settings to form a network to
exchange ideas and resources with one another.

We need your help! If you are a teacher or a coordinator of
a heritage language program, or a heritage language strand
in another educational program, we encourage you to fill out
a Heritage Language Program Profile. The profile form takes
only about 20 minutes to complete and will provide you, as
well as us, with interesting information about your program.
You can submit it online or print and fax it to us. For more
information and to fill out the profile, go online at
www.cal.org/heritage.

Help us get the word out! With the help of all heritage
language programs, we can offer a comprehensive collection
of information and resources. Please let other heritage
language program developers and staff know about the
National Heritage Languages Web site and encourage them to
complete a profile on their program.

Questions? We can help! If you have questions, email Adriana
Val at aval1 at umbc.edu.

Thank you for your collaboration.

Dr. Joy Peyton, Center for Applied Linguistics
Dr. Shuhan Wang, Delaware Department of Education
Dr. Ana María Schwartz, University of Maryland, Baltimore
   County
Ms. Adriana Val, University of Maryland, Baltimore County