FW: Fibonacci poetry

Mia Kalish MiaKalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Tue Apr 25 14:09:23 UTC 2006

Check this out. This came in on my ISGEM list, which is a group of wonderful
ethnomathematicians.

The Fibonacci series is essentially a spiral, so when you visualize the
words of the poems the way they would have to look, and then spin them, you
get something that looks like a galaxy.

I am imagining this in Diné Bizaad. It would also be good as Fibonacci poems
of sounds, an actualization of what Jess Tauber was talking about the other
day, but from a different perspective.

Mia

  _____

Subject: Fibonacci poetry

This isn't exactly ethnomathematical, but
.

A blending of poetry structure and mathematics: the "Fib" = poems with
line-lengths of the Fibonacci sequence.

See:
<http://www.collisiondetection.net/mt/archives/2006/04/i_love_strict_p.html>
http://www.collisiondetection.net/mt/archives/2006/04/i_love_strict_p.html