Media technology

Andre Cramblit andrekar at NCIDC.ORG
Sun Apr 30 06:25:38 UTC 2006

Northern California Region Redding, California June 2nd and 3rd, 2006
Red Lion Hotel 1830 Hilltop Drive (530) 221-8700

The Seventh Generation Fund is pleased to announce the first in a
series of three trainings that will be offered to Native Communities
in Northern, Central, and Southern California who are interested in
utilizing digital media technology to create their own culturally
appropriate educational materials. The goal is to encourage an
intergenerational learning environment which will empower youth,
elders and community leaders to document their own unique tribal
histories, cultural traditions, languages and critical contemporary
issues. Participants will aquire the skills to engineer interview
sessions and produce multi-media presentations for their tribal
community, public school teachers/educators, Native education
centers, charter schools, museums, libraries and other appropriate
groups.

The Seventh Generation Fund for Indian Development, Inc. is an
Indigenous Peoples non-profit organization established in 1977. Our
mission is to promote, protect and maintain the uniqueness of Native
Peoples and the sovereignty of our distinct Nations. Native
communities involved with language recovery, cultural revitalization,
intergenerational projects and advocacy for environmental justice.
Our support is in the form of small grants, hands-on training and
technical assistance, workshops, conferences and leadership development.

For more information, please contact the Seventh Generation Fund’s
Native Voices Project at (707) 825-7640.

Chris Hollis, SGF Media Coordinator (mo7g at pacbell.net) Leo Canez, SGF
Special Projects Coordinator (lc7gen at pacbell.net)

Space is limited to 30 participants, please register early! Cost is
$250 per person. This will be a hands on technical assistance
training, please bring photos, audio recordings, and most importantly
your ideas and goals for incorporating technology into your work.