Mass to be given in indigenous languages (fwd)

jess tauber phonosemantics at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 27 22:27:09 UTC 2006

Yahgan has three 19th C. translations of New Testament texts (Gospels of Luke, John, and Acts of the Apostles), the Lord's Prayer, and morning and evening prayers. I've been analyzing the style with an eye towards doing others- the sole (no pun intended) missionary currently working with the Yahgans has posted up some of the materials I sent him on his webpages, but none are currently being actively used. But you've given me a lot to think about....

Jess Tauber