no news from the LSA...

Terry Langendoen langendt at U.ARIZONA.EDU
Mon Jan 9 19:50:08 UTC 2006

Press coverage of LSA meetings has historically been nearly
nonexistent, except when some language issue was in the news
around our meeting time, most notably the Ebonics controversy in
the late 90s. We might want to encourage LSA to put out press
releases about topics of interest about the annual meeting (e.g.
workshops and symposia on endangered languages) in the future.

Coverage of the Word of the Year has been going on for about a
decade -- but that's the doing of the American Dialect Society
that meets together with LSA.

Terry

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, phil cash cash wrote:

> it wasn't me that was left out, it was our endangered languages and i
> am sorry too.  glad to hear you all had a good time though.
>
> Philcc
>
> On Jan 9, 2006, at 12:10 PM, Mia Kalish wrote:
>
> > We were having too much fun going to presentations, giving
> > presentations,
> > recovering from presentations, meeting new friends,  . . . And, in my
> > case.
> > . . . talking about revitalization software and who wants to build it
> > :-)
> >
> > A good time was had by all. Sorry we left you out. . . we apologize.
> > <Hangs
> > head humbly>
> >
> > Mia

Terry Langendoen, Professor Emeritus, Dept of Linguistics, Univ of Arizona
  P O Box 210028, 1100 E University Blvd, Tucson AZ 85721-0028 USA
Phone: +1 520.621.6898           Fax: +1 520.626.9014
Homepage                         http://linguistics.arizona.edu/~langendoen