'In', 'for', or 'with'?

David Gene Lewis coyotez at UOREGON.EDU
Mon Jan 16 15:59:56 UTC 2006

Klahowya all,

Wow, this is turning into a great thread!,

Anyway I wanted to ask another question. How many people have had the
experience of culture shifting? I mean, I live in several worlds and
at times can shift my thinking and language according to the
circumstances. When in a Native context I know that my language and
demeanor and thinking changes to fit the correct context. And when I
am in the academic university context IO will change to fit that world
including using a different language and demeanor. When I am with
family, I feel also different, changing my thinking and language. So
has anyone noticed this. Its rather odd but I think is part of what
Native people do to operate in our world (s).

David

David Lewis
University of Oregon
Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde