Affordable digital recorder advise.

Mia Kalish MiaKalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Mon Jan 30 14:36:12 UTC 2006

Jan & all,

I have been using Olympus digital recorders for years now. They have 3
quality settings (low, medium, & high) and 2 recording modes (one for
meetings, one for one-to-one). The ones I buy are about $99. I recently got
a Sony refurb unit for $32 at e-cost.com.

I didn't read the thread about recorders, because I'm really happy with
mine, and I had shared about it before.

Mia

-----Original Message-----
From: Indigenous Languages and Technology [mailto:ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU]
On Behalf Of Jan Tucker
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 1:01 PM
To: ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU
Subject: [ILAT] Affordable digital recorder advise.

List members,

Excuse me if this topic has already come up. After reading about Thornton
Media's devise and looking at it's price tag, I realized that most educators

like myself might no be able to afford it and wondered what experienced
preservationists are using to record and digitize language in a field
setting.

Thank you in advance for any advise,

Jan

"THORNTON MEDIA, INC. ( HTTP://WWW.NDNTV.COM ) IS THE ONLY LANGUAGE TOOL
COMPANY IN THE WORLD DEVOTED TO NATIVE AMERICAN LANGUAGES.
http://i-newswire.com/pr54795.html"