Cree Immersion program in Alberta: Sept 06 - June 07

Rick Harp rick_harp at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jun 12 18:35:56 UTC 2006

Tânisi!

Hey everyone, my name is Rick Harp, and I am a Cree language (Plains Y-dialect) student at Blue Quills First Nations College near St. Paul, Alberta, Canada, and I am helping to promote their great Cree immersion/intensive program.

If people want more info, you can email me, or just email cree at bluequills.ca. There are also printed and electronic versions of  brochures and posters available for mail-out if you want to help spread the word.

ay-ay,
ekosi pitama,
Rick

- - - - - - - - - - -

Blue Quills First Nations College
CREE LANGUAGE CERTIFICATE
September 2006 to June 2007   |   St. Paul, Alberta

"Rebuilding community through language, rebuilding language through community"

Program highlights:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Students are active in the language — hearing and speaking Cree — from day one

Language learning through classroom activities and community-based immersion

Classes five days a week, Sept. through June (10 months)

Sensitivity to needs of adult second-language learners

Small class sizes with excellent teacher-to-student ratio

On- and off-campus access to elders and speakers fluent in Cree (Y dialect )

Emphasis on group participation and learner/teacher team-building

Students help develop learning tools for program

Multimedia tools enable and enhance individual study and review

Introduction to writing systems for Cree: syllabics and roman alphabet (abc’s)

Restoring and revitalizing the voices of our people in a fun, safe
and supportive learning environment

* * *  DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:  JUNE 30, 2006   * * *

For more info:

Phone  780-645-4455 or 1-888-645-4455  (toll-free in Western Canada)

Fax      780-645-5215

E-mail    cree at bluequills.ca

Web    www.bluequills.ca/cree

My blog about learning Cree > http://mimicree.blogspot.com Hi5  |  MySpace!