meadowlarkheart.org (link)

Tue Mar 14 19:45:54 UTC 2006

'ehe ta'c halaXp (good day),
Here is link to a new website I am beginning to piece together (in progress).
In the coming year, keep an eye on this site for news and info (even though not
much is there now!).
http://www.meadowlarkheart.org/
The site is designed to support the language doucmentation and revitalization
efforts being carried out for the southern Columbia Plateau languages: Nez
Perce and Sahaptin.
Also, the Sahaptian Language Conference at Heritage College, Toppenish, WA was
a success!  It was really exciting to hear, see, and be encouraged by one and
all.
Phil Cash Cash (Cayuse/Nez Perce)
thlepthlepníme (at area of the butterflies, Lapwai, ID)
Joint Program in Anthropology and Linguistics
Universiy of Arizona
ps: Why meadowlarkheart?  The our knowledgable elders used to feed a
meadowlark heart to a young child (baby) so they would grow up to become great
speakers of languages!
:-)