Call for Papers (fwd link)

Thu Mar 23 18:52:22 UTC 2006

Transborder Library Forum 2007
_BRIDGING THE DIGITAL DIVIDE, CROSSING ALL BORDERS_
Tempe, AZ February 20-24, 2007
*Go to website for full announcement:
http://www.asu.edu/lib/foro/call.htm

  The 2007 FORO theme _BRIDGING THE DIGITAL DIVIDE: CROSSING ALL BORDERS_
challenges us to explore and celebrate the ways in which information
professionals in our border regions can further cooperate and solve common
problems related to our digital information world. We cordially welcome your
contributions and friendship as we construct bridges for information sharing
through the use of collegial relationships and emerging innovative
technologies. Special sub-themes for this conference are topics relating to

  * INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS;

Copyright in the digital age; Global intellectual property issues, etc.

  * INFORMATION AND INDIGENOUS PEOPLES;

Language & culture preservation; Technology & information in remote areas, etc.

  * LIBRARIANS: PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION AND PREPARATION UNDER NAFTA.

Accreditation issues; Distance education, etc.

Proposals should be submitted by April 30, 2006 but no later than July 15, 2006
to the following:

FORO 2007 Program Planning Committee
e-mail: foro2007 at asu.edu

  or

  Mail print submissions and diskettes to:

Jenny Mueller-Alexander,
Chair, FORO Program Planning Committee
Reference Services
Hayden Library
Arizona State University
P.O. Box 871006
Tempe, AZ 85287-1006  USA

  The receipt of all proposals will be acknowledged by e-mail. If you do not
receive an acknowledgement please contact Jenny Mueller-Alexander at
foro2007 at asu.edu

  ~~~

  *This CFP was abbreviated for listserv posting by the ILAT listserv mg.