digital cleaning old recordings

Richard Zane Smith rzs at TDS.NET
Thu Mar 23 19:14:13 UTC 2006

kweh, (greetings)

I'm a new member here on this list and a Wyandot tribal member
currently teaching the language and culture in the public schools
here in Wyandotte Oklahoma once a week for k-3rd grade,over 200 students.
Using traditional stories,songs,puppets the kids are learning fast and seem to
love it.
Its a joy to see and hear all those little tykes singing the Wyandot numbers
to the rythmn beat of the waterdrum.We at the  Wyandotte Nation of
Oklahoma have avalible cassette recordings taken from old wax cylinder
recordings made in 1911-12(over 300 traditional songs)...but the quality
sound needs serious digital cleaning
is there anyone here in this forum who has knowledge of professionals who
could help with this task?
thanks,
richard zane smith

Richard Zane Smith