Unlocking the secret sounds of language

Mia Kalish MiaKalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Wed May 10 16:44:15 UTC 2006

Thanks, Manuela, but I made my own. Unicode doesn't support all the
characters for Athapascan. I am more concerned that I have spell-check and
dictionary support in Microsoft Office, as well as support for the various
graphics programs I used to build my materials, than that I have partial
support on various platforms. I use tool bars, using the Microsoft macro
function, rather than physical keyboards. :-)

Thanks for thinking of me.

Mia

-----Original Message-----
From: Indigenous Languages and Technology [mailto:ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU]
On Behalf Of Manuela Noske
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:28 AM
To: ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU
Subject: Re: [ILAT] Unlocking the secret sounds of language

Incidentally, you might want to check out this website here if you need a
font for Dinéh Bizaad that is compatible with different platforms and
applications.  Chris Harvey owns the site; he specializes in creating
Unicode fonts and keyboard lay-outs for different Native American and First
Nations languages. He has a lot of useful information and stuff on that
site!

http://www.languagegeek.com/

Manuela