Maori Radio

Tracy Jacobs Tracy.Jacobs at ARCHIVES.GOVT.NZ
Wed May 10 23:29:25 UTC 2006

Kia ora  Jenny

I haven't had time to delve too deeply into this, but you might like to
check out the following websites and/or contact these government
agencies (apologies if you've already checked these out):

Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Maori / Maori Language Commission
http://www.tetaurawhiri.govt.nz

Te Mangai Paho / Maori Broadcasting Funding Agency
http://www.tmp.govt.nz

Te Puni Kokiri / Ministry of Maori Development
http://www.tpk.govt.nz
Particularly:
http://www.tpk.govt.nz/publications/subject/default.asp#broadcasting
Or their newsletter, Kokiri Paetae:
http://www.tpk.govt.nz/publications/paetae/default.asp

I had a quick look at http://www.maori.org.nz as well, and found a link
to Nga Iwi FM http://www.ngaiwifm.irirangi.net/  which looks like it
runs on-air Maori language lessons.  The Te Mangai Paho site has links
to other iwi radio stations.

Good luck with your research.

E noho ora mai

Tracy Jacobs