One Response to Language & Genetics

McMillan, Carol CMcMillan at WVC.EDU
Mon Nov 20 17:28:58 UTC 2006

Do you have a readable reference for that?  I'm good at basic
biochemical genetics, but I need updating.  I haven't heard the term
"epigenome" before.

Thanks, Carol

________________________________

From: Indigenous Languages and Technology
[mailto:ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU] On Behalf Of Andre Cramblit
Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2006 10:00 AM
To: ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU
Subject: [ILAT] One Response to Language & Genetics

There is too much emphasis purely on genetics and not enough
consideration of the epigenome, e.g. the "switches" that control the
genes.  The way the "switches" are oriented on the genes can be acquired
during life and transmitted to progeny since, unlike most people would
have one believe, the entire chromosome is passed from parents to