American Indian Language Development Institute 2007

Candace Galla candaceg at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Mon Nov 20 19:16:15 UTC 2006

Announcing the 28th Annual American Indian Language Development Institute
Weaving Indigenous Voices: Telling Our Stories
June 4-June 29, 2007 (Please see attachment for more information)

The University of Arizona and Department of Language, Reading & Culture invite
you to the 28th American Indian Language Development Institute (AILDI). AILDI
2007 will focus on a range of critical topics, including, grant-writing for
Indigenous populations, advanced methods for language immersion teaching for
endangered languages and skills in documenting Indigenous languages for the
purpose of language revitalization. In addition the 2007 AILDI is collaborating
with the UA Poetry Center in hosting a symposium: Native Voices with support
from the National Endowment for the Arts. AILDI will have a special focus on
Native poets, poetry readings, and writing. Our theme, Weaving Indigenous
Voices: Telling our Stories reflects this emphasis and will be highlighted with
guest speakers, panels, projects and films.
AILDI offers six graduate credits or undergraduate credit hours during four
weeks of intensive study. Courses can be applied toward regular degree programs
and teacher endorsements.

Best,

Candace K. Galla
Ph.D Student, LRC
Graduate Assistant
American Indian Language Development Institute
Department of Language, Reading & Culture
College of Education, Room 517
P.O. Box 210069
Tucson, AZ 85721-0069
(520) 621-1068, Fax (520)621-8174