UN Declaration on Indigenous Rights (urgent)

d_z_o dzo at BISHARAT.NET
Fri Nov 24 23:18:04 UTC 2006

There is a discussion concerning the UN Declaration on Indigenous
Rights  - which is coming to a vote at the UN on Tuesday - on the
PPGIS list (some of it forwarded from the EANTH-L list). The issue
seems important and I would encourage anyone interested to review the
recent correspondence at:
http://www.dgroups.org/groups/ppgis/index.cfm?CookieTested=TRUE

The Declaration draft is at:
http://www.ohchr.org/english/issues/indigenous/docs/declaration.doc

I would forward more items directly to ILAT, but the Arizona.edu
server *still* takes exception to my e-mail address (alone among all
domains that host lists I participate in). This is mailed via
workaround using a Yahoogroup as a kind of proxy - which is a little
tedious to use for a lot of items.

Don