Phraselator

Richard Smith rzs at TDS.NET
Mon Sep 4 16:10:04 UTC 2006

Rudy,
these are really good points you bring up

Technology for all its promise has an edge,
A side we must be watchful of.
For all their promise, these kind of technologies
might actually impregnate cultures forming a hard-edged
gold-standard, to measure cultural "correctness"
Our Cultural committees need to be aware of this darker side
since we know a healthy living culture has motion.
Flux is not only important but essential for life.

Everything has its seasons
This Hi-tech age we live in now will have its season.
Who will hear these CDs when there is no way to play them?

Our current technological age is only a  mere speck
(maybe just an interruption) on thousands upon thousands of years
Of continual earth-based circle societies.
If we are truly working towards the 7th generation,
We must prepare ourselves for the possibility that these generations
May not be so "fortunate" to have these oil-driven technologies
And gadgets that we take for granted as normal living.
>From this moment of time,maybe they seem everlasting.
We can easily live as if there will always be a Walmart,
oil-based asphalt to repair highways,plastics and computers,
But its an untested unproven belief in human intelligence.

I suggest we look further
Even beyond our children's children's children...
And realistically use these now-tools to shore up a generation
That may not even have the luxury of remembering them.
Because we were all born during an age of technological advancement
Its almost automatic for us to assume this will always be real.
Will our indigenous societies survive to
outlive this current "technological interruption?"
I think this should be the goal of all of us
Who are working hard for the survival of our nations.

Richards Zane Smith
Wyandotte, Oklahoma