Jaqaru speaking community decide their own alphabet

MJ Hardman hardman at UFL.EDU
Tue Aug 14 23:12:02 UTC 2007

July 6, 2007 was a turning point for Tupe, for the whole town joined with
the teachers and the authorities local and national to make a profound
decision in favor of the preservation of the Jaqaru language.  I was not
present, but the event was videotaped and tape recorded and photographed.
The attached are my personal appreciations of this important event together
with the official document.

Dr. MJ Hardman
website:  http://grove.ufl.edu/~hardman/

A news story, in Spanish, from a national newspaper published in Lima can be
found at

http://www.laprimeraperu.com/edicionNota.php?IDnoticia=2000&EN=868