Conference on Indigenous Peoples and Technology

MJ Hardman hardman at UFL.EDU
Sun Feb 25 00:39:26 UTC 2007

The 56th Annual Latin American Conference at the University of Florida on
Indigenous Languages and Cultures and Technology was a great success.  There
were people from Bolivia, Peru, Mexico, Brazil and Colombia, among many
others.

The videos of some of the presentations are available at:
http://56conference.latam.ufl.edu/video.asp

I spoke in Spanish in consideration of our international visitors.  The
second video, Gillian Lord, Sue Legg, Howard Beck, Marcela Piñeros
"Aymara on the Internet" in entirely in English and may be of special
interest to those on this list; some of the details of our technology are
presented by the group working on the project.

All of the others here are also very interesting in presenting work being
done in quite varying circumstances.

The last video, Richard Grounds
"shadjwanE dathlandA (Rabbit and Wolf): Feeding Technology and Passing
Forward Indigenous Languages" raises some serious questions from the point
of view of one indigenous group.

MJ

Dr. MJ Hardman
website:  http://grove.ufl.edu/~hardman/