traditional tobacco - the plants - the words

Andre Cramblit andrekar at NCIDC.ORG
Thu Jan 11 00:05:54 UTC 2007

Xojim minde'iLchwe' = Traditional Tobacco
for Hoopa

O:Lhohkum = Tobacco for Yurok

Seetyu'= Tobacco for Tolowa

In Karuk (my Tribe) the most common word is
ihêeraha tobacco (wild or domestic)
but also used is:
ithimkak'ihêeraha morning sun slope tobacco
ithínkak_veehêeraha sunny slope tobacco
kifuchákar / kifuchakara- plug for tobacco pouch
mahihêeraha mountain tobacco
sahihêeraha downslope tobacco, wild tobacco