Five Nations Energy launches Cree-language site (fwd)

Thu Jul 19 16:21:16 UTC 2007

Five Nations Energy launches Cree-language site

Scott Paradis, The Daily Press
Local News - Wednesday, July 18, 2007 Updated @ 4:32:00 PM
http://www.timminspress.com/webapp/sitepages/content.asp?contentid=617453&catname=Local+News&classif=News+Live

A Cree organization has officially launched a version of its website in its
native tongue.

The Five Nations Energy Inc. has launched the Cree-language version of its
website, which will run alongside its English version.

The electricity transmission company is Ontario’s only aboriginal-owned
company of its kind and it has had an English website available since 2000.

Making a Cree-language site available was vital for the company to more
comfortably serve some of its customer base, a company official said.

“Many of our community members use Cree as their first language,” said Mike
Metatawabin, president of the Five Nations Energy Inc. “We translate our
First Nation Energy Inc. newsletter into Cree and it was important for us
to make the website available in Cree as well.