Research Protocols

Greg Dickson greg.dickson at KATHLANGCENTRE.ORG.AU
Mon Jun 25 23:16:32 UTC 2007

Two good ones from Australia are:

 From the Federation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Languages
(FATSIL), their protocols guide is downloadable from here:
www.fatsil.org/guides.htm

And from the Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait
Islander Studies (AIATSIS), you can download their 'guidelines for
ethical research in Indigenous studies' from here:
www.aiatsis.gov.au/research_program/publications

Good luck,

Greg Dickson
Linguist
Ngukurr Language Centre
CMB 6
via Katherine  NT  0852
Ph/Fax: 08 8975 4362
Email: greg.dickson at kathlangcentre.org.au
On 26/06/2007, at 4:01 AM, Ben Levy wrote:

Here are a few resources:

NUFFIC & MOST (2002).  Best Practices for Using Indigenous Knowledge.
UNESCO & NUFFIC.

Sahai, Dr. Suma (2002) .  "Protection of Indigenous Knowledge and
Possible Methods of Sharing Benefits with Local Communities."  BRAC:
Bangladesh

Grenier, Louise (1998).  Working with Indigenous Knoweldge: A Guide for
Researchers.  IDRC: Canada.

Smith, Linda Tuhiwai (1999).  Deconolonizing Methodologies: Research &
Indigenous Peopels.  Zed Books: London, Englad. & University of Otago
Press: Dunedin, New Zealand.

I will look again when I am home from work to see what else I can
gather for you.  You can also check with the Dene Nation who have
created guidelines.  Good luck.  Peace.

Ben Levy
646-359-0659
donmincho at gmail.com

2007/6/25, Maxine Baptiste <mrb1 at email.arizona.edu>: Hello, I would
like to know if anyone knows of research protocols specifically

--
Ben Levy
Cell: (646)359-0659
  donmincho at gmail.com