images for indigenous language materials

Linda Lanz lanz at RICE.EDU
Wed Mar 14 13:58:46 UTC 2007

I couldn't find a copyright statement that included the entire
collection, so I would suggest contacting ANKN to find out before
using them. (For example, the images that came from the Alaska Native
Language Center are apparently public domain, according to the
introduction, but the collection doesn't specify which ones are from
the ANLC.)

However, even if there's copyright, it's usually quite easy to get
permission to use them, as Claire Bowern mentioned in an earlier
message. A simple letter usually suffices.

-Linda L.