Info for Revitalizationists

Mia Kalish MiaKalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Thu Nov 1 15:15:11 UTC 2007

Absolutely agree, Richard, with everything you said . . . . I have seen
*u*n*b*e*l*i*e*v*a*b*l*e* techniques being used in schools to teach
languages to children: Pictures with single words, and the words dropped
into the middle of English sentences. .  . videos about culture with no
ensuing discussion . . . pictures posted on walls with the Native word
underneath - but where the main event was coloring the graphic by the
children. . . .

Although, someone noted recently that many, many people blessed with the
opportunity to teach others have never received any instruction in nor had
the opportunity to engage in any research or deep thought about the
psychology or neuroscience of learning. . . .

Mia

  _____