Sealaska releases new language tools (fwd link)

Fri Nov 23 18:04:40 UTC 2007

Web posted November 22, 2007

Sealaska releases new language tools
Interactive Web program helps teach Tlingit skills
ERIC MORRISON
JUNEAU EMPIRE

  Seventy-year-old Tlingit teacher Ruth Demmert has seen firsthand how the
Internet and computer technology can inspire the younger generation of Alaska
Natives to embrace its culture.

"I believe it sparks the interest of the younger people, and I know there's a
lot more younger people out there showing pride in the language," she said.

Sealaska Heritage Institute has posted two new interactive language tools on its
Web site this week in its continued effort to teach the Tlingit language.

To access full article, just follow the link below:
http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/112207/loc_20071122001.shtml