Yolngu video

Claire Bowern anggarrgoon at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 31 00:54:42 UTC 2007

It's ironic - I can't get Yolngu radio here either! The station broadcasts
at Ramingining, just across the river, so if I sit at the barge ramp with
the wind in the right direction I can sometimes hear it, but not usually,
and not from my house. This is the sort of thing that I was really hoping
the 'intervention' would change (like repeater stations for community
radio), but instead it's been an exercise in destroying trust and attempted
assimilation.
Claire