Ojibwe Dictionary Online Project

Heather Souter hsouter at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 17 05:13:03 UTC 2007

Taanshi, Dr. Poser.

Kihchi-marsii (Thanks a lot) for pointing out that it is possible to
begin dictionary work using any system that is linguistically adequate
(which I assume means that it is unambigous and consistent)!  (When
there are differing opinons about which writing system should be used,
it is easy to bogged down in details that are not central to the work
at hand and just sap one's time and energy!)  Now, when you speak of
converting one written representation of a language to another system,
what does this entail?  Writing a computer algorythm?  I am not a
computer buff and use a Mac, so even just a basic outline of the
process would be appreciated.

Eekushi pitamaa.  (That is all for now.)
Heather