Moose airs extra native content (fwd link)

Mon Apr 14 18:00:10 UTC 2008

Moose airs extra native content

Posted By Marci Becking

Moose FM's re-introduced radio show - Bamoseda - gives listeners of some
Northern Ontario stations a regular diet of aboriginal content.

Jennifer Ashawasegai, 33, of Henvey Inlet First Nation and graduate of First
Nations Technical Institute's Indigenous Communications program, is the
producer of Bamoseda, which means "Walking together" in Ojibwa.

"I love telling aboriginal stories from an aboriginal perspective," says
Ashawasegai, also a mom to two teenagers. "I make sure important aboriginal
news content gets into our regular newscasts as well - and that it's all
relevant to our listening area."

Access full article below:
http://www.nugget.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=983827