Common Sense English Act

William J Poser wjposer at LDC.UPENN.EDU
Fri Feb 1 00:50:38 UTC 2008

As I recall there was a case of this type involving
Navajo a few years ago, of which I never heard the outcome.
If my memory is correct, it involved a fast-food restaurant
in Page. The owners prohibited Navajo employees from speaking
Navajo with each other. The owners' claim was that the employees
were making nasty comments about them, or maybe other employees,
I forget. I don't remember whether the employees were fired
and sued or whether they stayed on but made a complaint to the
EEOC. Anyone know about this case?

Bill