Sorry canÂ’t come soon enough (fwd link)

Sun Feb 10 18:26:59 UTC 2008

The Northern River Echo
Australia

Sorry can’t come soon enough

By Luis Feliu

Priscilla Wightman of Lismore, a member of the stolen generation, will attend
the sorry ceremony at Parliament House in Canberra next Wednesday.

“I was taken in 1960 from a mission in Moree. I was two years old so I don’t
remember it
 but I was told a gun was held at mummy’s head”.

That’s how 49-year-old Lismore woman Priscilla Wightman described the traumatic
forced separation from her parents in the lead-up to next week’s national
apology by the federal government to members of Australia’s stolen generation.

Full article link below:
http://www.echonews.com/index.php?page=View%20Article&article=20006&issue=315