forum

Ted Moomaw ted.moomaw at COLVILLETRIBES.COM
Mon Feb 11 21:30:33 UTC 2008

Hi Phil,

I work at the Omak language and cultural preservation program for the Colville confederated tribes.  My question is that I would like to start a website for online lessons and also a place to chat using our unicode font.  Do you know of anyone who has started a language chat forum that uses unicode, the font we use is called lucida sans unicode.  I have a few friends that read and write in our lang. and I think many others would soon catch on w/ such a place to visit online.  I was also thinking it would be nice to have an interactive dictionary on the same site.

There has recently been added a website called oneheartforthepeople.com it is a locally started website for general interest locally,  I started an okanogan language group on there, and on my home computer I can perfectly read everyones font, but at my work computer where we almost exclusively use unicode I cannot read the font from that site, also many others are unable to correctly recieve the font.  If you know of anyone I might contact who has started a site that is unicode supported would you please help.

way̓ limlmt,

xʷistsmx̌ikn
Ted Moomaw