No Tears For Dead Tongues (fwd link)

Jordan Lachler jordanlachler at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 22 18:44:56 UTC 2008

Phil, thanks for forwarding McWhorter's piece from Forbes.  He wrote nearly
the same article back in December of 2006 for the New York Sun:

http://www.nysun.com/article/45847

I guess if he gets to reword and republish that same basic article every
time another language dies, he's set for life!

I'm really glad that he's figured out for us that Native Americans will
never learn their ancestral languages... after all, he tried teaching some
of them once, and they didn't learn to be fluent, so clearly it's a hopeless
cause. Guess we can all stop wasting our time now. Thanks, Dr. M!

Jordan

--
Jordan