forum

Andrew Cunningham lang.support at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 27 00:11:31 UTC 2008

Hi all,

while I think of it,

in our projects we sometimes send Unicode emails between ourselves
using web based email services. Generally we need to display the text
using fonts other than the display fonts the web email system uses,

For plain tetx mails using Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail which are all
unicode based these days, we use Firefox web browser and the stylish
extension. Stylish allows use to create custom css rules to control
the fonts Hotmail, yahoo and GMail use for displaying text.

For anyone interested, some info is available at:

http://blogs.openroad.net.au/2007/05/31/firefox-and-web-email-services/ (GMail)

http://blogs.openroad.net.au/2007/12/12/firefox-and-web-email-services-hotmail/

http://blogs.openroad.net.au/2007/11/21/firefox-and-web-email-services-yahoo/

Andrew