Mongolians first to discover America claims professor (fwd)

Ryan Denzer-King johndillinger43 at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 12 00:01:29 UTC 2008

>From what I know about the Bering Strait theory, the crossings occurred at far too great a time depth for any significant (at least superficial) linguistic evidence to be present.  It's my understanding that any divergences great than 10,000 years are essentially impossible to prove, since the divergence will be great enough that similarities in the languages due to common genetic origin will not be statistically significantly greater than those due to chance.

Ryan Denzer-King

Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:29:06 -0700From: bernisantamaria at GMAIL.COMSubject: Re: [ILAT] Mongolians first to discover America claims professor (fwd)To: ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU
Dear ILAT:
I find this topic interesting too since I read somewhere that there had been DNA comparisons done on American Indian and Mongolians or Asians?  Does anyone know if there was something like that in the past several years?  I believe it also stated that there were very little similarities. Regarding the Bering Strait theory--that's all it is according to the late Prof. Vine Deloria, it is not proven scientific fact that it occurred.  Also, where is the linguistic evidence that any Indigenous languages of the Americas are, in any way, similar to Asian or Mongolian languages?  It would seem that the issue of parallels in language has not been proven although there have been comparisons done.

Bernadette A. Santamaria