Press release re launch of I-E-Ko-Ko! An Introduction to Cook Islands Maori

Tracy Jacobs Tracy.Jacobs at ARCHIVES.GOVT.NZ
Tue Jul 1 23:35:43 UTC 2008

Kia ora

I thought the list may be interested in this:

Luamanuvao Winnie Laban

I-E-Ko-Ko encourages Cook Islands Māori in class

Pacific Island Affairs Minister Luamanuvao Winnie Laban today launched I-E-Ko-Ko! An Introduction to Cook Islands Māori, saying this is an important resource for students to learn new skills and a language that reflects the richness and diversity of New Zealand's National Identity.

The multi media resource is part of the Learning Language Series and targets both teachers and learners of languages in Years 7 and 8.  It provides a diverse range of learning activities for bringing Cook Islands Māori to the classroom.

Full press release at:

http://feeds.beehive.govt.nz/release/i-e-ko-ko%2bencourages%2bcook%2bislands%2bm%c4%81ori%2bclass

or go to:

http://beehive.govt.nz/releases

E noho ora mai

Tracy Jacobs

This e-mail message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL to the
addressee(s) and may also be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED.  If you are not
the intended addressee, please do not use, disclose, copy or
distribute the message or the information it contains.  Instead,
please notify me as soon as possible and delete the e-mail,
including any attachments.  Thank you.