Coming soon: Google M for Maori (fwd link)

Tracy Jacobs Tracy.Jacobs at ARCHIVES.GOVT.NZ
Fri Jul 18 04:00:03 UTC 2008

Kia ora

Another article I thought the group might find interesting.

Coming soon: Google M for Maori

5:00AM Monday July 23, 2007
By Yvonne Tahana

A husband and wife are developing a Maori language version of the search
engine Google in an effort to encourage more Maori to use the net.

Potaua Biasiny-Tule, 32, and Nikolasa Biasiny-Tule, 35, of Rotorua are
directing a team of volunteers from around the country translating the
search pages into a Google Maori language option.

And their idea has been welcomed by Google's American owners.

For the full article, please go to:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/story.cfm?c_id=252&objectid=10453216
<http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/story.cfm?c_id=252&objectid=10453216>

Just in time for Te Wiki o te Reo Maori (Maori language week)!  And if
you'd like to find out more about Te Wiki o te Reo Maori, please visit:

http://www.korero.maori.nz/ <http://www.korero.maori.nz/>

http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/culture/maori-language-week/100-maori-words
<http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/culture/maori-language-week/100-maori-words

E noho ora mai

Tracy Jacobs

Archivist, Arrangement and Description Section

Archives New Zealand Te Rua Mahara o te Kawanatanga

This e-mail message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL to the
addressee(s) and may also be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED.  If you are not
the intended addressee, please do not use, disclose, copy or
distribute the message or the information it contains.  Instead,
please notify me as soon as possible and delete the e-mail,
including any attachments.  Thank you.