Karuk Language Program Employment Opportunity

Susan Gehr sgehr at KARUK.US
Fri Jul 18 16:54:53 UTC 2008

Ayukîi!

We¹re looking to hire a coordinator for the Language Program who would start
later this year, contingent on the funding of our 2008-2011 project proposal
from ANA.  I hope to continue on in a tribal linguist role.

The application deadline is August 22nd, with interviews to take place in
early September.  Contingent on the receipt of an official funding letter,
the coordinator could potentially begin work on September 30th, the first
day of the project.

The ANA proposal¹s project title is the Karuk Master / Apprentice
Documentation Project.  The goal of the project is to document elder and
fluent speakers using younger learners to record spoken language that will
be used to update the dictionary, capture variations in Karuk language among
different villages, and share spoken Karuk via video podcast.  The project
will also be recruiting 5 master speakers and 5 apprentices ­ more
information will come out on those positions later, but if you are
interested, let us know.

To see the job description, follow this link:
http://www.karuk.us/jobs/pdf/Language.pdf

To get information on how to apply, follow this link:
http://www.karuk.us/jobs/

Call or write me if you want more project-related information.

Yôotva,
--
Susan Gehr
Karuk Language Program Director