CA languages

Mia Kalish MiaKalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Mon Jul 21 21:24:29 UTC 2008

I have a question: in haldzil, does "dzil" mean "mountain"?

Thx,

Mia

  _____

From: Indigenous Languages and Technology [mailto:ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU]
On Behalf Of Bernadette Santamaria
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 1:06 PM
To: ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU
Subject: Re: [ILAT] CA languages

Mia & others:

Our language, White Mountain Apache, is Southern Athabaskan, and following
is our interpretation of the terms in "Thinking,..." for your info & of
anyone else interested for comparisons between Athabaskan languages.

"Nis'i'ik'ees, nagolch'i' (or "bee nagot'aahii"), ihid'a (or "hidaa"), la'ii
ki haldzil (or "ki nalwod agoch'ile'")"        [these are without the
diacritic marks included]

Email if there are any questions.

Bernadette SantaMaria