a question for down-unders

Richard Smith rzs at WILDBLUE.NET
Wed Jul 23 16:45:38 UTC 2008

Kweh all,
this isn't a language question as much as a cultural one.
Here in the N. hemisphere bean vines and morning glories grow counter
clockwise. We of Iroquoian language/cultural stock dance counter clockwise.
We were also "farmers" and the women were the planter/harvesters.
Some traditionalists here even feel to dance clockwise (as in many pow-wows)
is akin to witchcraft...reversing  natural orders

but what happens down under?
we all know drains drain opposite as "up" in the N.H.
How do they drain at the equator? straight down?
how do the vines grow? What directions are circle dances danced?

curious!
Richard Zane Smith
Wyandotte Oklahoma