iPod recording...

Aidan Wilson aidan at USYD.EDU.AU
Tue Jul 29 00:55:10 UTC 2008

This is pretty cool. I've been on the lookout for something like this
since that belkin recording attachments came out a couple of years ago.
This one has the option of dual mono 3-pin XLR microphone inputs and
records at 44.1kHz (not quite archive standard, but acceptable) though
it doesn't say what bitrate - 16 bit I assume. However the website is
minimal on all other specs.

Effectively, this turns an ipod into a Zoom H4 recorder with a massive
internal hard drive. I wonder if you attach an iPhone, could you record
your conversations?

-Aidan
Audio at Paradisec