N.M. first state to adopt Navajo textbook (fwd link)

Thu Jul 31 17:10:26 UTC 2008

Dine Bizaad Binahoo'aah is an impressive publication because it adopts
a speech
community orientation in the presentation of language content/data.  I hope
this trend continues and other linguists/community language advocates follow
this example.  Linguists should take careful note too as this publication has
all the power of language description common to linguistics but is versatile
enough to be adopted by a state in its public education system.
This is by far better than force feeding a linguist's reference grammar to
communities and students, dont' you think?   ;-)
Phil Cash Cash
UofA
Quoting Cecilia Ojeda :