Dying words (fwd link)

Jimrem at AOL.COM Jimrem at AOL.COM
Mon Jun 2 14:12:48 UTC 2008

In a message dated 6/2/2008 9:01:25 AM Central Daylight Time,
rzs at WILDBLUE.NET writes:

well...it might excite a linguist
but that bare bone list is a dry  as an old dogs bone!

Actually it can be frustrating as I just checked the list of words for No  on
that site and it looks like someone mined our online Lenape dictionary
(_www.talk-lenape.org_ (http://www.talk-lenape.org) ) and submitted a  number of
words that have No or Not plus some verb form with it, but without  giving the
full meaning.  For example:

Lenape (Delaware United  States)            Mahchikwi                [it is
no good]
Lenape (Delaware United  States)            Ku  ntakohchi          [I am not
cold]
Lenape (Delaware United  States)             Okeksene                 [he
wears no socks]

Jim

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.