POSIX Locale for Cherokee (chr_US)

Neskie Manuel neskiem at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 15 20:28:55 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am in the process of creating a POSIX Locale [1] for Cherokee.  For
those of you who are not familiar with Linux.  Creating a locale is
one of the first steps in the localization process for Linux-based
Operating Systems.

There are usually only two sections you have to modify.  The
LC_COLLATION section which has something to do with sorting ad whatnot
and the LC_TIME.  For the LC_TIME section you have to input the days
and months in the language as well as the abbreviated forms.  I looked
online for the Cherokee Months and days and found the following.

Days
============
1. Monday:    ᎤᎾᏙᏓᏉᏅᎢ [unadodaquonvi]
2. Tuesday:   ᏍᎵᏁᎢᎦ [talineiga]
3. Wednesday: ᏦᎢᏁᎢᎦ [tsoineiga]
4. Thursday:  ᏅᎩᏁᎢᎦ [nvgineiga]
5. Friday:    ᏧᏅᎩᎶᏍᏗ [tsunvgilosdi]
6. Saturday:  ᎤᎾᏙᏓᏈᏕᎾ [unadodaquidena]
7. Sunday:    ᎤᎾᏙᏓᏆᏍᎬᎢ [unadodaquasgvi]

Months
=============
 1. January:   ᏚᏃᎸᏔᏂ [dunolvtani]
 2. February:  ᎧᎦᎵ [kagali]
 3. March:     ᎤᏄᎳᎯ [unulahi / anvyi]
 4. April:     ᏥᎶᏂ [tsiloni / kawoni]
 5. May:       ᎠᏅᎢᏍᎬᏘ [anvisgvti / anisg'tvi]
 6. June:      ᏓᎭᎷᏱ [dacaluni / dehaluyi]
 7. July:      ᎫᏰᏉᏂ [guyequoni / gayequoni]
 8. August:    ᎦᎶᏂ [galoni]
 9. September: ᏚᎵᏍᏗ [dulisdi]
10. October:   ᏚᏂᏅᏗ [duninvdi / duninidi]
11. November:  ᏅᏓᏕᎶ [nvdadewa / nvedequa]
12. December:  ᎥᏍᎩᎦ [vsgiga / vsgiyi]

Could anyone on this list confirm/review this and possibly suggest the
abbreviated forms of the days and months.  Once I have this I can
submit this to glibc under the GPL licence an open source license.

Cheers
-Neskie

[1] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locale