forum

Mia Kalish MiaKalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Mon Mar 3 23:46:33 UTC 2008

Hi, Richard.

You need to drag the template somewhere onto your computer . . . download, actually. It doesn’t much matter where, but if you can find Normal.dot and put it there, you won’t have to look for it.

But this time, you should have installed one or both of the Athapascan fonts. They have the characters.

Then, in Word, select Tools/Templates and Addins and if you don’t see the template (Atha.dot) listed, click Add and browse to it. When you finish, the toolbar should appear at the top of your Word document.

Then, select one of the Athapascan fonts; click the characters that you want.

Unfortuantely, you can’t click as fast as you can type . . . Fortunately, you don’t have to use Insert Character or remember the 3-code ctrl sequences.

When the words you type show up in spell-check, if you have spelled them correctly, right click on them and choose Add to dictionary. This is my favorite part.

  _____