UPEI offers course in Mi'kmaq language (fwd)

Fri Mar 7 16:52:49 UTC 2008

UPEI offers course in Mi'kmaq language

Last Updated: Friday, March 7, 2008 | 11:45 AM
CBC News

A woman who struggled to retain her native Mi'kmaq language through three years
of residential schooling now has an opportunity to share her skills with P.E.I.
university students.

Nellie Wysote is teaching a course in Mi'kmaq at the University of Prince Edward
Island. The number of speakers of the native language has been steadily falling
on P.E.I. In the last census the number dropped below 100.

To access the full article, just follow the link below:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/prince-edward-island/story/2008/03/07/mikmaq-upei.html