Technology & Language Revitalization

Mon Mar 17 05:21:03 UTC 2008

Candace--Sometime ago, I put together a web page to sort of answer such a
question and to provide an informational resource.  You may have already seen
it:
Technology-Enhanced Language Revitlization
http://projects.ltc.arizona.edu/gates/TELR.html
I hand-coded this entire site (as a crash course on web design/coding).  But
it has not been updated since 2005 due to more immediate concerns (like trying
to finish my PhD).  So, it needs a serious upgrade and somebody to nurse it
along or transform it into a more interesting web portal.
My latest idea is to creat a ILAT-like blog/social network with
contributors/writers from the field and maybe this web page can be a base to
launch off of...think?
In the past couple if years, I think a lot has happened and will continue to
happen as indigenous communities begin to participate in the digital
revolution.  Please pass the bit-rate.
l8ter,
Phil Cash Cash
UofA