Tibetan

Aidan Wilson aidan at USYD.EDU.AU
Thu May 1 22:37:09 UTC 2008

Well, a British historian hypothesised that a fleet of Chinese junks
made it throughout south-east Asia, around Arica, into the Meditteranean
and across the Atlantic about 50 years before Columbus, but I believe
that his theory was pretty comprehensively refuted. Not sure though
about any earlier expeditions across the Pacific; would have to have
been rather early on to predate the Norse, right?

-Aidan

--
Aidan Wilson
Paradisec